Pre-Conference Workshop Day Tuesday, June 27, 2023
9:00 am – 12:00 am
Going Beyond IL-2 to Explore Different Possibilities for the Development of Cytokine-Based Drugs
- Nicolas Poirier Chief Executive & Scientific Officer, OSE Immunotherapeutics
- Sara Ferrando-Martinez Principal Scientist & Head of Clinical Sciences, NeoImmuneTech Inc.
- Jijun Dong Chief Scientific Officer, Salubris Biotherapeutics Inc.
Although the IL-2s have been the forefront of research within the field of cytokine-based drugs, many interleukins and interferons beyond IL-2 are becoming increasingly relevant. The applications of these cytokines are vast and their different mechanisms of action open up the field to more R&D and an endless number of possibilities to tackle the various diseases affecting the world.
Join this workshop to:
- Discuss the progress of novel technologies on IL-7, IL-12, IL-18, IL-15 and more
- Understand the different mechanisms and mode of action employed by these cytokines
- Explore the TNF super family and interferons
- Understand clinical evaluation of non-alpha IL-2 and IL-15 cytokine therapies and implications for future drug development
- Discover how anti-PD1/IL7v bispecific selective expand and maintain stemness of TCF1+ stem-like T cells
12:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Examining Cytokine Biology to Develop a Specific & Effective Drug
- John Cini Chief Scientific Officer & Co-Founder, Sonnet BioTherapeutics Inc.
- Asaf Maoz Oncology Fellow, Brigham & Women's - Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Thierry Giffon Senior Scientist, IGM Biosciences
While understanding the mechanisms of cytokines is very important, understanding the cytokine biology and its impact on the body steals the limelight. Cytokine biology needs to be studied at a deeper level to enhance better understanding of the overall drug, using that to enhance development and finally understanding the actual effect of cytokines on the body.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Explore how biology differs between different cytokine subclasses
- Understand how cytokine biology impacts target selection
- Gain an in depth understanding of the interrelationship between cytokine and tumor biology
- Analyze of the structure / function relationship of earlier versions cytokines formats effecting delivery and efficacy
- Understand the limitations of pre-clinical models as they relate to cytokine biology